Paul teaches the Spirit filled Roman church to pray.
Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
- The Holy Spirit will pray on our behalf, when we can not pray, only when baptism of the Holy Spirit has taken place already.
- The Holy Spirit will become the intercessor.
1Co 14:13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.
14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.
15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.
16 Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?
17 For thou verily givest thanks well, but the other is not edified.
- Pray in the Holy Spirit and in tongues if you are baptized with the Holy Spirit
- Praise and worship God in tongues.
- When praying in tongues, your mind is unfruitful.
- This is a Spiritual communication between you and God, the devil does not understand.
Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
- Pray as often as you can.
- Pray in the Holy Spirit and in tongues if you are baptized with the Holy Spirit,
- During prayer stay alert for the spirit of darkness and his followers.
- Pray for your fellow children of God.
Phi 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
- Pray to God for anything and everything how small or large it may be.
- Pray for what you need.
- Thank God, as if you received it already, it shows faith.
- Show faith and open your hand and receive.
Col 4:2 Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;
- Have discipline in times of prayer.
- Be alert for the working of the Holy Spirit and the working of the spirit of darkness.
- Pray with a thankful heart.
Pray without stopping
1Th 5:17 Pray without ceasing.
- Continue praying until you receive a answer.
Paul teaches Timothy about prayer
1Ti 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet
and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; 4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of
the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man
Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. 7 Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity. 8 I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.
- Always thank God for what he is about to give.
- Request Gods mercy.
- Pray for the authorities placed over you.
- Pray for understanding and truth.
- Pray in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Gods gift to us “ the Good News”
- Confirm your discipleship and your ministry in the Kingdom of God, to teach, baptize, show faith (Manifesting your faith in actions) and speak the truth.
- Pray without Holy anger.
The Power of Prayer
James 5:13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
17 Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.
18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.
- Pray for the sick and injured. = Prayer of Healing
- Anoint them with Holy oil. = Prayer of Protection
- Pray with faith. = Prayer for prevention.
- Pray and forgive – giving en receiving forgiveness. = Deliverance Prayer.
- Pray for blessings. = Freedom of problems and please supply prayers.
See Prescription Prayer from Heaven.
Jud 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
- Pray with Faith!
- Pray as directed by the Holy Spirit. (if you received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit).
A Prayer of praise!
Jud 1:24. Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
- To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
- Always end your prayer with praise and worship to God.
- And always end your prayer with ”Amen” God & Jesus, thank you for teaching us to pray! Amen and Amen.
How to Develop a Powerful Prayer Life and to pray effectively.
To develop a powerful prayer life you will have to be loyal to the church and your faith. You can join a church and they may offer some classes to help you to develop a Powerful Prayer Life.
One of the best ways to develop a powerful prayer life is to spend time reading the Bible if you are Christian. Set aside a time for Bible reading and study. At the beginning and the end of the session you must began to pray and let God lead you and direct you.
God’s earnest desire is to have a rich, vibrant, and enduring fellowship with His children; but how can we enjoy such communion with all its blessings and benefits if we don’t know how to pray effectively? We must at first establish a clear understanding of the rules of different prayers for different situations and how to apply them for your desired outcome.
Believe and Receive God:
Faith is the substance and by believing in that there is a Real Mighty God, a creator of heaven and earth and that He is and that there is a life after life for those who believe in Him, these believing in God has a desire to worship Him.
Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Do what it takes for following Christ, and to maintain your reverence for God. Know that He is mighty, is the creator of the Universe and deserves glory, praise and honour.
God created man to worship Him. Even nations that do not know or ever heard of the Gospel of Jesus Christ worship a god. Worshipping and believe is an inborn gift from God.
Gal 4:8 Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.
Your prayer life should acknowledge the Lord in His rightful place in your life. The bible tells us that where your treasures, your heart is, is the God that you serve.
Mat 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
Mat 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
Mat 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Mat 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
Mat 6:23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.